Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weight Watching

Good morning, World!

Boy, does 25 days sound incredible or what?! A mere 600 hours until D-day arrives, and I'm counting every one of them. As much as I love my mother, I have to say that a little distance from her womb will be a welcome change. I really thought it couldn't get much more crowded in here, but that was before I developed this little weight problem of mine. I've been gaining upwards of a half a pound a week! Can you believe that? It may not sound like much to you giant folk out there, but for we tiny people, that's one heck of a ratio. Mom assures me that I'm healthy and normal and blah, blah, blah. You know how mothers are. She's excited about these adorable dimples I've developed on my cushy little rear, but she's not the one who has to find room for that little tush inside of a bodily organ that's already stretched to the max. Not to mention that there's a drawer full of newborn-sized onsies waiting for me to squeeze into in a few weeks. I hope I don't let anyone down. Any suggestions, Dr. Atkins?

While I'm waiting for a solution to my little weight dilemma, I've started to burrow into Mom's pelvis. I don't know why I never thought of this before. Little by little, I've been wiggling my way downward, which has certainly been a relief for my lower body (which is actually north of my cranial area. I suppose that makes it my upper-lower body? Basically from chest to feet. Clear enough?) I just love nestling deeper and deeper into Mom's squishy little bladder. I've heard rumor that I'm not allowed a pillow for a while once I've gotten out of here, but Mom better hope I've been misinformed, or I'm taking this bladder of hers with me. (And that's a promise, Mom).


Anyway, Mom and I made a little trip to Central Illinois this weekend to visit with Grandma Lisa and Great-Grandma Carol (and I hear Dad is coming to join us this evening. Yay!), and I'm afraid I've been a little rude in my absence while writing, so I had better get back to visiting. It's always so hard to say goodbye, but I'll be back soon. So, it's not that hard today.

Goodbye!

Don't miss me too much,

Harper Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment